Belchamp Hall Holiday Cottages

Belchamp Hall Hayloft

(previously called Lovejoys)

2 guests, 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, dogs welcome

In one of the old estate outbuildings, this large oak rich loft style cottage is finished to luxurious standards with loads of space to relax and unwind in country style.

VIEW DETAILS

Belchamp Hall Coach House

(previously called The Lovejoy Studio)

2 (+2) guests, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, dogs welcome

Modern and luxurious conversion of the old couch house which is bathed in natural light with massive sofas and access to a court if anyone’s for tennis!

VIEW DETAILS

Belchamp Hall Mill

(previously called Lovejoys Mill)

2 guests, 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, dogs welcome

Extraordinary conversion of a truly rustic and rural mill creating a luxurious retreat deeply immersed in rich wildlife being next to ancient woodland, rolling fields and two ponds.

VIEW DETAILS

The Lovejoy Connection

During the 90’s, Belchamp Hall was used by the BBC as a location for Lovejoy, the popular TV series about a roguish antiques dealer. Belchamp Hall in Belchamp Walter was the location for Lady Jane Felsham’s home (the fictional Felsham Hall) in the series.

The British TV comedy-crime-drama series ran over a period of eight years, between 1986 and 1994, and based on the adventures of Lovejoy, played by Ian McShane. Many of the filming locations were shot across lovely parts of Suffolk & Essex, including Belchamp Walter.

Lovejoy’s workshop for the last two seasons of the series is in the grounds of Belchamp Hall, which has now been converted into accommodation for those simply wishing to retreat away from the rat race. You’ll find original extras from the film, such as the hanging ‘Lovejoys’ sign, all over the place!

Find out more
Belchamp Hall, Essex

About Belchamp Hall

During the 90’s, Belchamp Hall was used by the BBC as a location for Lovejoy, the popular series about a roguish antiques dealer.

The Raymond family have lived in Belchamp Hall since 1611, although the present Queen Anne house was not built until 1720. A direct succession of immediate family has lived in the house until the present day.

The History